It is simply a great website for tax professionals of California where they can check the tax status of their clients any day, any time. It is a free service and very easy to use by anyone, even a layman can avail of this web page to have necessary information about their tax conditions and can also rest assured about the security of the details of their taxes.
How To Register Account?
To avail the service of this account you need to register your name in this website and only once the registration is needed.
- Visit website at ftb.ca.gov to start the registration process in this account.
- The first step of operating in this website is to register your own name here, for that you just need to click “register” link at the left top corner of the page.
- Read information carefully about the registration process and click on the “register” button at the bottom of the page.
- Next you have to fill in a form for registration process.
- Enter your name, suffix, user name and email address.
- Click on the “continue” button and follow the instructions to complete the registration process.
- The second step for using this website by a tax professional is to see his clients’ tax profile in details, but for that firstly he has to obtain legal permission from his client to enter his tax page.
- Then he will be entering the web page giving his own user name and password, next the necessary information of his respective client’s last tax returns are to be filled in the specific spaces of that web page to enter the tax profile of that client.
There are several methods for the tax professionals for obtaining permission from their clients for entering and reading all the given information of this web page:-
- The most commonly used methods are to obtain a signed Authorization letter from the client on a format published on the related government website, in short known as Online Account View Access Authorization.
- To get a suitable Power of Attorney from his client in the given formats that can be found on the links given below.
- To ask the client for writing an Engagement letter giving required permission duly signed with date.
Federal Rule For Using Account:
- Since all the tax information of the clients is provided by IRS, it is their necessary regulation that the user should change his password at least once a year due to security reasons. It is a very easy process to change the password, just you need to log in with your present user name and password, and then click to the page marked ‘Online Services for Tax Professionals’ and there click on ‘change passwords’, after entering the email id and your security question for this registration. Finally just fill up your new password and save this change here.
- The user does not need to remember the date of expiry of his password because generally a reminder mail is sent from the account to the mail id of the user, 30 days prior to the expiry date.