DVLA is a driver and vehicle licensing agency which provides an online portal to the users who are above 70 years and want renewal of driving license. They can submit an application online on fulfilling the requirement criteria. It is easy and time saving method. It facilitates the aged people to apply online rather than waiting in long queue. Company maintain the data of both vehicle and driver like vehicle registration, sale of number plate and other transportation information.
- You must have a PC with internet access.
- You should have a British driving license which is going to be expire within three months.
- You must be a legal resident of Britain at age of 70 plus.
- User requires to pass the eye sight test.
- User must be living at same address since last three years.
- You cannot use the online service if your driving entitlement is C1 or D1.
- Open the official website of company by putting the URL www.direct.gov.uk/renewat70 in the search bar of web browser to apply for license renewal over seventy years.
- Follow the given link and press “Enter”.
- Click on the green color tab marked as “Start Now” and then tick on the link labeled as “Re register” in the next page.
- Give the security of your data and click on “Next”.
- Enter your details as asked including name, gender, date of birth and country in the given fields and also mention your address in the required space.
- Click on “Next” and follow the instructions.
- Complete the application and click on “Submit” and make a confirmation of application submission to finish the process of license renewal.