Have you become unemployed without fault of your own? Unemployment Insurance can help you in this situation. They afford a provisional and limited wage replacement to you in this situation. Employer-paid taxes are used to fund this benefit. You can also find information about another job you are eligible for and can include yourself into job oriented training programs. Once you file your claim, you keep getting weekly pay as long as you don’t get a new job. So, if you are going through a situation like this, claim your unemployment insurance as soon as possible.
What Are The Benefits?
- Weekly allowance
- Dependency allowance
- Job information
- Training program
- Customer support
Am I Eligible?
- You need to be completely jobless.
- You have to prove that you did not lose your job for your own fault.
- Your job hour and payment has been reduced.
- You are a legal resident.
- You have all legal job related papers.
What Do I Need?
- Your Social security number
- Your date of birth
- Your driving license(if you have any)
- Dates of employment
- Complete and valid address of your workplace and of your residence.
- The reason behind your separation from job.
How To Apply?
You can apply for your claim or reopen a previous claim by calling at their phone call registration service or you can complete the process online.
- Visit the official website www.njuifile.net of Unemployed Insurance service of your state.
- Click on “file or reopen your claim”
- On next page read information about filling claim carefully and click on the “file a claim” button at the bottom of the page.
- Click on the “yes” option if you don’t have the account.
- Click on the “first time user” button.
- Enter all required information
- Read onscreen instruction and complete the process.
- Enter data to confirm your identity.
- enter your contact information
- Create online ID and password.
- Select the security question.
- Enter code in the given box.
- Click on the “create on my account” button.
- Once you are register you can sign in to your account to file claim.
- Enter your online ID and password to sign in.
- You will need a working computer facilitated with internet connectivity,
- You should provide valid information because they will be verified
- Most of the states do not support claim from other state. So check the policy of your state UI service.
- You should inform as soon as you get a new job or you can attract penalty.
- If you want to claim allowance for family maintenance, you have to provide details of your family members.
- You should not claim your weekly pay if you are not looking for job actively that week. For out of town interview you have to notify them.
- You should go for direct deposit payment method as it is fast and reliable.
- Every state has their own system, so check the website in-details.
- For any inconvenience or guidance please contact their customer support executive.
- For any kind of misinterpretation of information or fact, you can be punished.
- You accept all their terms and conditions once you file a claim. So it’s a good idea to read that carefully before you start to avoid any kind of misunderstanding.
Unemployment Insurance is a facility designed to help at your time of trouble so it is your responsibility to be honest and use this facility to find another suitable job for you.