Service Canada is the platform for the Canadians to access the benefits that they expects form the government o f Canada such as employment benefits, pension plans, social insurance number, passports, apprenticeship incentive program, wage earner protection plan and old age security plans. On the official website you can apply for the benefits online.
You have to provide:
- Social insurance number (SIN)
- Mother’s median mane
- Mailing and residential address
- Complete banking details
- Account number
- Type of pension
How To Claim?
- Visit the site at www.servicecanada.gc.ca .
- Click on “English” button to start the application in English.
- Click on “Apply For Employment Insurance” link at the home page.
- Read the privacy notice statement carefully. Click on “Start Application” red button places at the bottom of the page.
- If you want to continue with retrieving the application click on “Yes” button, if not, then click on “No” button.
- Click on “Continue” button.
- Select the type of the insurance application and click on “Continue” button.
- If you have any reference code then click on “yes” radio button and enter the code into the required field.
- If you don’t have the code then click on “Continue” button.
- Choose the type of benefits you are applying and click on “Continue” button.
- Read complete details about requirements of the application and click on “Continue” button.
- Next enter social insurance number.
- Enter your date of birth.
- Enter your last name that is printed on your SIN card.
- Type your first given name as indicated on SIN card.
- Enter your last name at your birth and other given name.
- Select the gender and enter mother median name.
- Click on “Continue” button and complete rest of the steps to finish the application.
- You can apply for the benefits even if you have not received the employment records.
- You will be able to get the temporary employment assistance.
You access the service by online, via telephone or in person. You can change the language before you start your application. Make sure that all the details that you are entering will correct and matched with your SIN application records. If your details do not match there may be delay in processing of your claim application.